Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aberfeldy, Dunkeld Road, Aberfeldy Distillery

Distillery (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Aberfeldy, Dunkeld Road, Aberfeldy Distillery

Classification Distillery (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 83770

Site Number NN84NE 45

NGR NN 86602 49607

NGR Description Centred NN 86602 49607

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/83770

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Logierait
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN84NE 45.00 86602 49607

NN84NE 45.01 NN 8673 4964 House

NN84NE 45.02 NN 8675 4970 Custom house

(Location cited as NN 866 495). Aberfeldy Distillery, founded 1898 on this site. A 2-storey, 11-bay range of maltings, a pyramidal-roofed kiln and a 3-storey range, with a new still-house. There is a circular-section brick chimney.'

J R Hume 1977.

Built 1896-8 by John Dewar and Sons Ltd. blenders, Perth; passed to the DCL [the Distillers Company Limited] in 1925 and transferred to SMD [Scottish Malt Distllers Ltd] 1930; largely rebuilt 1972-3 with four stills in a stillhouse and a dark grains plant in the old maltings. Licensed to John Dewars & Sons Ltd.

M S Moss and J R Hume 1981.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions