Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Floors Castle

Pond (19th Century)

Site Name Floors Castle

Classification Pond (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Floors Castle Policies

Canmore ID 83701

Site Number NT63SE 38

NGR NT 69750 33890

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/83701

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Kelso
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Roxburgh
  • Former County Roxburghshire

Accessing Scotland's Past Project

An octagonal pond some 30m in extent occupies the summit of a low eminence to the south-west of Floors Castle.

It was evidently built between 1870 and the early twentieth century, when the 2nd edition of the Ordnance Survey 6-inch map of Roxburghshire map was published.

As well as functioning as a reservoir, the pond also served as a feature in the designed landscape associated with Floors Castle.

Text prepared by RCAHMS as part of the Accessing Scotland's Past project

Archaeology Notes

NT63SE 38 6975 3388

For Floors Castle (NT 71110 34670) and associated buildings, see NT73SW 5.00.

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: Standing structure or monument.

Information from Scottish Borders Council

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions