Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We have updated our mapping software and are trying out some new background mapping layers. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.

Edinburgh, Leith Docks, Alexandra Dry Dock, Hydraulic Power Station

Hydraulic Power Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Edinburgh, Leith Docks, Alexandra Dry Dock, Hydraulic Power Station

Classification Hydraulic Power Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Tower Place; Victoria Swing Bridge

Canmore ID 79562

Site Number NT27NE 57.34

NGR NT 27111 76851

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/79562

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Archaeology Notes

NT27NE 57.34 27111 76851

Formerly entered as NT27NE 132.

This hydraulic power station presumably supplied power to the Alexandra Dry Dock (NT27NE 57.26) and the Victoria Swing Bridge (NT27NE 57.42), situated adjacent to the N and SW respectively. It is depicted, but not noted, on the 1970 edition of the OS 1:1250 map.

Inforemation from RCAHMS (RJCM), 13 June 2006.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions