Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dulsie Bridge

Road Bridge (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Dulsie Bridge

Classification Road Bridge (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) River Findhorn

Canmore ID 70104

Site Number NH94SW 17

NGR NH 93195 41443

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/70104

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Ardclach
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Nairn
  • Former County Nairn

Archaeology Notes

NH94SW 17 93195 41443

Dulsie Bridge [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1976.

This military bridge, constructed of stone, is double-arched, with the two arches being of unequal size. Spanning the River Findhorn, it is 3.9m wide between parapets and is in a good state of repair.

Visited by OS (AA) 25 February 1971.

(Location cited as NH 960 463). Ferness Bridge, built 1814-17, engineer Thomas Telford. A 3-arch rubble bridge, with segmental arches of unequal size, and triangular cutwaters.

J R Hume 1977.

M Logie (Highland Council) 1997; NMRS MS 1007/7.

This bridge carries an unclassified public road over the River Findhorn to the SSW of Glenferness House (NH94SW 31.00).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 28 March 2006.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions