Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Annan, Church Street, Old Parish Church

Burial Ground (Period Unassigned), Church (Period Unassigned), Gate Pier(S) (Period Unassigned), Hall (Period Unassigned), Mausoleum (Period Unassigned), War Memorial(S) (20th Century)

Site Name Annan, Church Street, Old Parish Church

Classification Burial Ground (Period Unassigned), Church (Period Unassigned), Gate Pier(S) (Period Unassigned), Hall (Period Unassigned), Mausoleum (Period Unassigned), War Memorial(S) (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) War Memorial Plaque And Roll Of Honour

Canmore ID 66440

Site Number NY16NE 112

NGR NY 19584 66612

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/66440

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Dumfries And Galloway
  • Parish Annan
  • Former Region Dumfries And Galloway
  • Former District Annandale And Eskdale
  • Former County Dumfries-shire

Archaeology Notes

NY16NE 112 19584 66612

For (possible predecessor) Annan, High Street Graveyard, Old Parish Church (NY 1920 6661), see NY16NE 82. For (successor and present) Annan, Bank Street, Saint Andrew's Greenknowe Erskine Parish Church (NY 1932 6651), see NY16NE 85.

Annan Old Parish Church (C of S) [NAT]

OS 1:2500 map, 1974.

Old Parish Church, Church Street. The body, a big rubble rectangle with rusticated quoins and a piended roof, was designed and built in 1787-90 by James Beattie and John Oliver, joiners, and John Hannah, mason, all of Annan.

J Gifford 1996.

Activities

Project (February 2014 - July 2014)

A data upgrade project to record war memorials.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions