Findspot, Axehead, Hammerstone(S), Spindle Whorl, Whetstone
- Council Scottish Borders, The
- Parish Eckford
- Former Region Borders
- Former District Roxburgh
- Former County Roxburghshire
NT72SW 9 c. 737 234.
Articles from Cessford (NT 737 234) which were in the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland (NMAS) in 1894 comprise: a felstone axe, imperfect at the cutting end, but still 10ins long; a whetstone; a triangular block of sandstone with a coarsely pecked hollow on one face, 1 7/8ins in diameter and 7/8ins in depth; two hammerstones; and a whorl. These items were lent by T Scott ARSA, Bowden and the majority of them, and a flint or flints also from Cessford, are given in an incomplete list of articles in his collection in 1895.
G F Black 1894; T Scott 1897.
A large quantity of material from Mr Scott's collection, including items from Cessford, was donated to the Royal Museum of Scotland (RMS, formerly the NMAS) in 1899.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1899 (Donations).