Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Harelaw, Fairnington

Stone Circle (Neol/bronze Age)

Site Name Harelaw, Fairnington

Classification Stone Circle (Neol/bronze Age)

Canmore ID 56957

Site Number NT62NE 1

NGR NT 66 28

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/56957

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Roxburgh
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Roxburgh
  • Former County Roxburghshire

Archaeology Notes

NT62NE 1 66 28.

Stone Circle, Fairnington (Site). Jeffrey records that "A field to the east of Fairnington village is called Harlaw, from a circle of large stones which stood within it, but which have been removed to serve farm purposes." a The exact site of the circle is not known, but it presumably stood somewhere near the present Harelaw Plantation, a little under a mile E of Fairnington School.

RCAHMS 1956, visited 22 April 1948.

No information was found at Fairnington regarding the site of this stone circle.

Visited by OS(WDJ) 27 November 1963.

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: This was the site of an archaeological monument, which may no longer be visible.

Information from Scottish Borders Council

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions