Cairn (Period Unassigned), Food Vessel
- Council Scottish Borders, The
- Parish Jedburgh
- Former Region Borders
- Former District Roxburgh
- Former County Roxburghshire
NT61SE 3 679 130.
A cairn was opened, about 1932, on Camphouse Farm, close to Camptown. The excavation is unrecorded and it has not been possible to locate the exact site of the cairn. Fragments of a Food Vessel, found here, have been deposited in the NMAS.
RCAHMS 1956; Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1949 (Donations).
The only cairn on Camphouse Farm of which Mr W Renwick of Camphouse, Camptown, Roxburghshire, the farmer, knows is at NT 6802 1208 (see
He was present at its excavation and believes that the Food Vessel fragments recorded above are from that cairn.
Visited by OS(RD) 20 February 1967.