Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Chapel

Tower House (Medieval)

Site Name Chapel

Classification Tower House (Medieval)

Canmore ID 55447

Site Number NT52NW 6

NGR NT 5468 2556

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/55447

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Lilliesleaf
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Ettrick And Lauderdale
  • Former County Roxburghshire

Archaeology Notes

NT52NW 6 5468 2556.

(NT 5468 2556) Tower (NR) (Site of)

OS 6" map (1924)

A fortalice or Tower at Chapel furnished with loopholes for guns, arrows, or missiles was taken down about 1839.

New Statistical Account (NSA) 1845

There is no trace of the tower.

Visited by OS (EGC) 18 February 1964

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: This was the site of an archaeological monument, which may no longer be visible.

Information from Scottish Borders Council

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions