Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).


Findspot, Axehead (Stone), Unidentified Flint(S) (Flint)

Site Name Parkfoot

Classification Findspot, Axehead (Stone), Unidentified Flint(S) (Flint)

Canmore ID 54603

Site Number NT45SE 34

NGR NT 488 536

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Channelkirk
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Ettrick And Lauderdale
  • Former County Berwickshire

Archaeology Notes

NT45SE 34 488 536.

A stone axe and a collection of flints from Parkfoot, Oxton, were donated to the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland [NMAS] in 1973-4 by Mrs Fortune, Darnick, near Melrose. (Parkfoot: NT 488 536 on OS 6" 1862 - now one of three farms named 'Airhouse'.)

Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1975


Sbc Note

Visibility: Not applicable. Site of an unprovenanced find.

Information from Scottish Borders Council


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions