Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Broadhaugh

Tower House (Medieval)

Site Name Broadhaugh

Classification Tower House (Medieval)

Alternative Name(s) Ringwodhay

Canmore ID 54076

Site Number NT40NW 23

NGR NT 449 093

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/54076

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Teviothead
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Roxburgh
  • Former County Roxburghshire

Archaeology Notes

NT40NW 23 c.449 093.

A tower stood near the present farmhouse of Broadhaugh (NT 449 093). A residence of the Scotts of Allanhaugh, it was named 'Ringwodhat' about 1560.

M Robson 1977

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: This was the site of an archaeological monument, which may no longer be visible.

Information from Scottish Borders Council

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions