Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Prestonpans Parish Church, Manse

Manse (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Prestonpans Parish Church, Manse

Classification Manse (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 53673

Site Number NT37SE 31

NGR NT 3885 7457

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/53673

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Lothian
  • Parish Prestonpans
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District East Lothian
  • Former County East Lothian

Archaeology Notes

NT37SE 31 3885 7457

(NT 3885 7457) About 1595, John Davidson, the first minister of Prestonpans Church, built a manse which still exists a little beyond the E end of the Church, and which is now inhabited by labourers.

D MacGibbon and T Ross 1889

It would appear that this house was still standing at the time of the 25" survey (1968). However, it has since been pulled down and a modern house built in its place.

Visited by OS (JP) 4 January 1972.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions