Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, 5 Canongate

Tenement (17th Century)

Site Name Edinburgh, 5 Canongate

Classification Tenement (17th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Robertson's Court

Canmore ID 52348

Site Number NT27SE 320

NGR NT 26722 73921

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/52348

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Archaeology Notes

NT27SE 320 267 739

'The large, four-storeyed, rubble-built tenement that occupies most of the N side of Robertson's Court, and looks northwards over Calton Road, dates from the late 17th century but has been reconstructed. A stair tower projecting into the court leads to the upper floors.'

RCAHMS 1951.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions