Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Edinburgh, High Street, Netherbow Port

Your Selection

Filter

No Available Filters

Save Search

Log in to save your search
Preview Category Catalogue Number Collection Title Date Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images C 33137 "A View of the Netherbow Port"-copied from "Maitland's History of Edinburgh" page 140 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images ED 2631 Photographic copy of drawing by J Houston showing Netherbow Port c. 1950 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images EDD 579/1 P Photographic copy of drawing showing perspective view of Netherbow Port Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images A 44296 Photographic copy of engraving showing general view. Titled: 'The Netherbow Port from the East. Taken down 1764' Insc: 'Drawn by D Wilson, Engraved by W Forrest' c. 1830 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images SC 426748 Perspective view of Netherbow Port Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images D 49710 P Edinburgh, High Street, Netherbow Port Photographic copy of engraving showing elevation of Netherbow Port Copied from 'Maitland's History of Edinburgh'. Insc. 'A View of the Netherbow Port. P. Fourdrinier, Sculp' c. 1753 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images G 83813 S Copy slide of a perspective view of Netherbow Port Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images E 96763 CS William McKelvie General view of the High Street at the site of Old Netherbow Church. The building is now a Cafe. The slide shows the original bell from the nearby Old Netherbow Port. c. 1970 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images E 96764 CS William McKelvie View of the site of Old Netherbow Church, now a cafe. The plaque to James VI plaque originally part of the nearby Netherbow Port is now located on W wall of cafe garden. c. 1970 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images E 96767 S William McKelvie Photographic copy of a Shepherd print of a view from High Street c. 1780 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images E 96768 S William McKelvie Photographic copy of a view of the Canongate looking W, from Grants Old and New Edinburgh, a print by James Skene of Rubislaw. c. 1780 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images E 96769 CS William McKelvie Detail of a stone carving of Netherbow Port located on the N elevation of 37 High Street. c. 1900 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images E 96770 CS William McKelvie Detail showing the outline in brass setts of the Old Netherbow Port at the junction of High Street and Canongate. c. 1985 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images E 96771 CS William McKelvie Detail showing the outline in brass setts of the Old Netherbow Port at the junction of High Street and Canongate. c. 1985 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images E 67563 Photographic of copy of 17th century map after Cordon of Roethiemay showing Trinity College Chuch and the Netherport Bow. Taken from, "The Royal Commission on the Ancient Monuments of Scotland. An inventory of the ancient and historical monuments of the city of Edinburgh with the thirteenth report of the Commission", 1951, p37, Fig 150. 1647 Item Level
Photographs and Off-line Digital Images SC 1341152 Photographic of copy of 17th century map after Cordon of Roethiemay showing Trinity College Chuch and the Netherport Bow. Taken from, "The Royal Commission on the Ancient Monuments of Scotland. An inventory of the ancient and historical monuments of the city of Edinburgh with the thirteenth report of the Commission", 1951, p37, Fig 150. 1647 Item Level