Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Inverkeithing, Dunfermline Wynd, 'selvage'

Manor House (Medieval)

Site Name Inverkeithing, Dunfermline Wynd, 'selvage'

Classification Manor House (Medieval)

Canmore ID 50942

Site Number NT18SW 23

NGR NT 1250 8274

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/50942

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Inverkeithing
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Dunfermline
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NT18SW 23 1250 8274.

The existing Manor House situated on Salvage Hill appears to have been built by John Bairdie who acquired Salvage in 1632.

W Stephen 1921

The Mansion House, built in 1641, may still be seen on Selvage Hill.

W Stephen 1938

NT 1250 8274. Salvage or Selvage Manor house has been converted into a garage for a house called'The Whins'; formerly known as 'The Hills'. The shell only of the original building survives to the wall-head. There is now a modern brick addition to the SW.

Visited by OS (AC) 11 March 1959

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions