Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dalmeny Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Dalmeny Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Forth Bridge Station

Canmore ID 50592

Site Number NT17NW 50

NGR NT 13900 77892

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/50592

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Dalmeny
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County West Lothian

Archaeology Notes

NT17NW 50.00 13900 77892

Dalmeny Station [NAT]

OS (GIS) MasterMap, June 2009.

NT17NW 50.01 NT 13867 77942 Booking office

NT17NW 50.02 NT 13913 77907 Platform building

NT17NW 50.03 NT 13893 77924 Footbridge

For railway cottages (NT 1394 7792 and 1402 7784), see NT17NW 146 and NT17NW 167 respectively.

For Forth Bridge Workshops (NT 1400 7775), see NT17NW 174.00.

Not to be confused with South Queensferry Station (NT 13003 78196), for which see NT17NW 301.

(Location cited as NT 139 779). Dalmeny Station, opened 1890 by the Forth Bridge Railway. A two-platform through station, with wooden buildings with awnings supported on cast-iron columns. The stone offices of the bridge company [presumably NT17NW 50.01] are nearby.

J R Hume 1976.

This intermediate station on the Edinburgh-Aberdeen (main) line of the (former) North British Rly was built as part of the realignment of the network consequential upon the opening of the Forth Bridge (NT17NW 70). It was opened as Forth Bridge Station on 5 March 1890, renamed Dalmeny Station on 28 April 1890 and remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 29 February 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions