Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dreva

Tower House (Medieval)

Site Name Dreva

Classification Tower House (Medieval)

Canmore ID 49861

Site Number NT13NW 16

NGR NT 1400 3588

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/49861

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Stobo
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Tweeddale
  • Former County Peebles-shire

Archaeology Notes

NT13NW 16 1400 3588.

(Centred : NT 1400 3588) A stronghold of the Tweedies stood at Dreva farmstead.

G Rae 1948.

The Tweedies were probably vassals at Dreva from the beginning of the 15th century. Their tower has entirely disappeared.

J W Buchan and H Paton eds. 1927.

There is no trace of a tower at Dreva. No further information.

Visited by OS(EGC) 9 June 1964.

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: Evidence for this site, or the origins of this site, comes from documentary sources. Nothing may be visible at this location.

Information from SBC.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions