Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Easter Dawyck

Tower House (Medieval)

Site Name Easter Dawyck

Classification Tower House (Medieval)

Canmore ID 49853

Site Number NT13NE 8

NGR NT 1911 3766

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/49853

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Stobo
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Tweeddale
  • Former County Peebles-shire

Archaeology Notes

NT13NE 8 1911 3766.

(NT 1911 3766 ) Tower (NR) (site of)

OS 6" map, (1967).

There are now no structural remains of this tower, which Buchan and Paton state was used as a quarry for building the present farmhouse of Easter Dawick towards the end of the 18th century. The site is marked by an irregularly-shaped mound in a field about 150 yds N of the farmhouse.

RCAHMS 1967, visited 1958.

As described by RCAHMS. There are no intelligble remains.

Visited by OS(RD) 23 June 1971.

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: This was the site of an archaeological monument, which may no longer be visible.

Information from Scottish Borders Council

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions