Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dunfermline, Pilmuir Street, Sculptured Stones

Carved Stone(S) (19th Century), Carved Stone (17th Century), School (19th Century)

Site Name Dunfermline, Pilmuir Street, Sculptured Stones

Classification Carved Stone(S) (19th Century), Carved Stone (17th Century), School (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Queen Anne Street

Canmore ID 49426

Site Number NT08NE 97

NGR NT 09151 87572

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/49426

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Dunfermline
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Dunfermline
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

Architecture Notes

Three inscribed pediements (one dated 1625), evidently belonging to an earlier school building had been inserted into the wall of the old High School of Dunfermline. When this was pulled down in 1902, they were transferred to the Post Office which took its place and are now to be seen in the wall facing Queen Anne Kirk.

RCAHMS 1933, visited 8 April 1929.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions