Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dunfermline, St Ninian's Chapel

Chapel (15th Century)

Site Name Dunfermline, St Ninian's Chapel

Classification Chapel (15th Century)

Canmore ID 49336

Site Number NT08NE 15

NGR NT 09021 87511

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/49336

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Dunfermline
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Dunfermline
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NT08NE 15 0904 8751.

(NT 0904 8751) St Ninian's Chapel sited on map of 16th century Dunfermline.

J M Webster 1953.

St Ninian's Chapel was founded and erected by John Cristison (Vicar of Cleish 1464-94) and in 1530 the chaplain was Sir John Brown. The chapel was situated between the High Street and West Queen Anne Street not far E of Collier Row (now Bruce Street). The chapel was sometimes referred to as St Ringaine's (J M Webster 1948).

E Beveridge 1917; J M Webster 1948.

No further information.

Visited by OS (D W R) 18 February 1974.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions