Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Tullibody, Old Church

Burial Ground (Period Unassigned), Church (Medieval), Commemorative Monument (17th Century)

Site Name Tullibody, Old Church

Classification Burial Ground (Period Unassigned), Church (Medieval), Commemorative Monument (17th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Old Church Of Tullibody; Auld Kirk

Canmore ID 47057

Site Number NS89NE 13

NGR NS 86035 95314

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/47057

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Clackmannan
  • Parish Alloa
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Clackmannan
  • Former County Clackmannanshire

Archaeology Notes

NS89NE 13 8604 9532

For 'Maiden Stone' (long cist or coffin), see NS89NE 17.

(NS 8603 9532) Church (NR)

OS 6" map (1958)

See also NS89NE 54.

The roof and glazing of the old church of Tullibody were removed in 1916. It was a Romanesque structure rebuilt in the 16th century and subsequently slightly altered and added to.

RCAHMS 1933

The walls of this church are still standing to their original height. A date stone is in position over the eastern door.

Visited by OS (FDC) 3 July 1950.

Architecture Notes

EXTERNAL REFERENCE:

Scottish Record Office:

GD/124/17/674/1, p35 Report on worrk made by Rober Logan, Architect, Stirling, 1848

Removal and replacement of the stone slates on the roof of Tullibody Church. Payment of £60 to John Paterson, Slater.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions