Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Barrhead, Main Street, South Parish Church

Church (19th Century)

Site Name Barrhead, Main Street, South Parish Church

Classification Church (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Barrhead South And Levern Parish Church

Canmore ID 43897

Site Number NS55NW 43

NGR NS 50297 58911

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/43897

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Renfrewshire
  • Parish Neilston (Renfrew)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Renfrew
  • Former County Renfrewshire

Activities

Publication Account (2008)

The Burgher church, established in 1796, continued and, after the union between it (by then the United Presbyterian Church) and the Free Church in 1900, this building and its congregation became Barrhead Arthurlie United Free Church (now South Parish Church) (fig 21).

Information from The Scottish Burgh Survey, Historic Barrhead: Archaeology and Development’, (2008).

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions