Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dumfries House, Coach House

Coach House (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Dumfries House, Coach House

Classification Coach House (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 43621

Site Number NS52SW 12.08

NGR NS 53939 20478

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/43621

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Ayrshire
  • Parish Old Cumnock
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Cumnock And Doon Valley
  • Former County Ayrshire

Summary Record

It was originally recorded as part of the Threatened Buildings Survey in 2008. This survey was augmented in 2010. The coach house was designed by John Adam c.1760. The original loft was converted into accommodation in the later 19th century. The ground floor is now used as a cafe.

For more in formation see RCAHMS publicartion Dumfries House , an Architectural Story.

STG 2014

Activities

Watching Brief (20 April 2015 - 21 April 2015)

GUARD Archaeology Limited were commissioned to undertake an archaeological watching brief during the excavation of foundations and ground preparation works required for the extension to the Stables at Dumfries House Estate. The work revealed no features or finds of archaeological interest with only modern overburden deposits and natural subsoil encountered.

Information from OASIS ID: guardarc1-209619 (M KIlpatrick) 2015

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions