Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kintyre, Machrihanish, Lossit House

Armorial Panel (17th Century)

Site Name Kintyre, Machrihanish, Lossit House

Classification Armorial Panel (17th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Losset Park

Canmore ID 38425

Site Number NR62SW 10.01

NGR NR 633 202

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/38425

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Argyll And Bute
  • Parish Campbeltown
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Argyll And Bute
  • Former County Argyll

Archaeology Notes

NR62SW 10.01 633 202.

Lossit House (named Losset Park on OSM). A stone pediment bearing the initials and arms of Lachlan MacNeil, of Tirfergus and Lossit with the date 1683 stands over a garden doorway close to the north end of the main drive.

RCAHMS 1971, visited 1961.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions