Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Low Tirfergus

Architectural Fragment(S) (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Low Tirfergus

Classification Architectural Fragment(S) (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 38333

Site Number NR61NE 27

NGR NR 664 184

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.


Administrative Areas

  • Council Argyll And Bute
  • Parish Campbeltown
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Argyll And Bute
  • Former County Argyll

Archaeology Notes

NR61NE 27 664 184.

Three 17th century carved stones built into an out-building behind the farmhouse of Low Tirfergus are locally believed to have come from the old house of Tirfergus which stood hereabouts. One is a commemorative panel bearing the date 1677 and the others are carved human heads which may have served as gable skew puts.

RCAHMS 1971, visited 1961.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions