Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Bogston

Boundary Stone (19th Century)

Site Name Bogston

Classification Boundary Stone (19th Century)

Canmore ID 368785

Site Number NJ30NE 114

NGR NJ 39661 09580

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/368785

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Logie-coldstone
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Kincardine And Deeside
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Activities

Field Visit (3 July 2003)

This boundary stone, which stood on the south side of the Deskry Water, on the boundary of Strathdon and Logie-Coldstone parishes, was not found on the date of visit. It is likely that the stone, like numerous others along the Deskry Water to the NE, actually marked the boundary between two large estates, in this case Newe to the N and Invercauld to the S. The stone is first depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Aberdeenshire, 1869, sheet LXIX); it appears to have been removed before the end of the 19th century and is not shown on the 2nd edition of the map (1902, sheet LXIX).

Visited by RCAHMS (JRS), 3 July 2003.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions