Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Inverbervie, Kirkburn, Old Parish Church And Churchyard

Burial Ground (Period Unassigned), Church (Period Unassigned), Churchyard (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Inverbervie, Kirkburn, Old Parish Church And Churchyard

Classification Burial Ground (Period Unassigned), Church (Period Unassigned), Churchyard (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Bervie, Old Parish Kirk; Farquhar Street

Canmore ID 36837

Site Number NO87SW 10

NGR NO 83046 72542

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/36837

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Bervie
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Kincardine And Deeside
  • Former County Kincardineshire

Archaeology Notes

NO87SW 10 83046 72542

(NO 8305 7254) Church (NR) (Remains of)

OS 6" map (1864)

The remains of the old parish church, in use until 1837.

Name Book 1864

The parish of Bervie was disjoined from Kinneff in 1618.

H Scott 1925

The remains of the old parish church of Bervie consist of the W gable, entire except for the belfry. It is 8.0m long with walls 0.6m thick. A small stone building has been erected against the inner wall face. Resurveyed at 1:2500.

Visited by OS (NKB) 21 December 1967

Built 1781.

SDD List, undated

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions