Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Arbroath, West John Street, Pool Mill

Linen Mill (Period Unassigned), Workshop(S) (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Arbroath, West John Street, Pool Mill

Classification Linen Mill (Period Unassigned), Workshop(S) (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) John Street Works

Canmore ID 35652

Site Number NO64SW 87

NGR NO 63951 41158

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/35652

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2017.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Arbroath And St Vigeans
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Angus
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO64SW 87 63951 41158

"...built 1850 (main block)and subsequently extended. A group of 1- and 2-storey buildings, dominated by a 4-storey and attic, 2- by 12-bay block with a cast-iron bellcote, and a 3-storey, 4- by 2-bay wing, at right angles. Many of the windows in the main block have cast-iron frames."

J R Hume 1977

The range of brick buildings centred on NO 6393 4113 were the workshops of Pool Mill.

Visited by RCAHMS (MKO) 12 January 1995

See Architecture (TBS photographs, 1986)

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions