Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Arbroath

Battery (18th Century)

Site Name Arbroath

Classification Battery (18th Century)

Canmore ID 35638

Site Number NO64SW 74

NGR NO 643 405

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/35638

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Arbroath And St Vigeans
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Angus
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO64SW 74 643 405.

A battery was erected at the foot of Marketgate following the visit of a French privateer in 1783, but was dismantled after the peace of 1814.

New Statistical Account (NSA) 1845; SBS Arbroath 1982

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions