Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

St Andrews, 26 Market Street

Building (Post Medieval), Floor (Post Medieval)

Site Name St Andrews, 26 Market Street

Classification Building (Post Medieval), Floor (Post Medieval)

Canmore ID 34348

Site Number NO51NW 60

NGR NO 5108 1670

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/34348

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish St Andrews And St Leonards
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO51NW 60 5108 1670.

Limited investigation prior to re-development confirmed that the earliest building on this site was late-probably 16th Century. Prior to this the land had been part of the croft, as 13th century pottery confirmed. All of the building except the foundations, and a very minute area of floor, had been removed by later activity.

J B Kenworthy 1974.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions