Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kyle Of Lochalsh, Church Road, Drill Hall

Drill Hall (First World War)

Site Name Kyle Of Lochalsh, Church Road, Drill Hall

Classification Drill Hall (First World War)

Canmore ID 331791

Site Number NG72NE 111

NGR NG 76158 27651

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/331791

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Lochalsh
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Skye And Lochalsh
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (18 July 2013)

Osborne (2006) records the existence of a drill hall here in 1914, when it was the base for "E" Squadron, 2nd Lovat's Scouts and drill station for 4th Highland Mountain Brigade, Royal Garrison Artillery. The hall survives as a plasterboard hut clad in corrugated iron. It does not appear on the 2nd edition 1:2500 OS map.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 18 July 2013.

Activities

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions