Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Bogward Dovecot

Dovecot (16th Century)

Site Name Bogward Dovecot

Classification Dovecot (16th Century)

Canmore ID 32875

Site Number NO41NE 11

NGR NO 49182 15593

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/32875

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish St Andrews And St Leonards
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO41NE 11 4918 1559.

(NO 4918 1559) Dovecot, Bogward, St Andrews. "Beside the farm buildings stands a fine circular dovecot of the 16th century. It is built of harled rubble and has three string courses."

RCAHMS 1933

This dovecot is as described above. The roof has fallen in, but otherwise it is in good condition.

Visited by OS (JLD) 17 October 1956

This dovecot has now been gifted to the St Andrews Preservation Trust (90, South St, St Andrews). The walls have been re-pointed, the roof and door have been renewed. Otherwise it is as previously described.

Visited by OS (WDJ) 28 May 1964

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions