Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Cupar, Bonnygate, Temple Knowe Garden House

Garden House (18th Century), Wall (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Cupar, Bonnygate, Temple Knowe Garden House

Classification Garden House (18th Century), Wall (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Moat Hill Road

Canmore ID 31540

Site Number NO31SE 56

NGR NO 37281 14714

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/31540

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Cupar
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Site Management (25 May 2009)

Hexagonal single-storey building, dressed ashlar to front with droved ashlar flanks and rubble north face. Arched door to south with voussoirs and thin belt at eaves. Former door to north west with external stair (removed mid 20th century) and window to south east long since blocked. Later wooded flattish roof with asbestos covering. Stone-paved floor and wooden seating on 5 sides (partly removed).

Approached up steps from north terrace with bee-boles Garden house known as the Temple Garden enclosed by rubble walls about 10ft minimum height, east and west walls dating from 1761-66, north end rebuilt mid 20th century using original stones. (Historic Scotland)

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions