Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Colluthie House

Country House (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Colluthie House

Classification Country House (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 31471

Site Number NO31NW 5

NGR NO 33979 19279

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/31471

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Moonzie
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO31NW 5.00 33979 19279

NO31NW 5.01 NO 33954 19247 Farmsteading

(NO 3398 1927) Colluthie (NAT)

OS 6"map, (1920)

The first mansion of Colluthie was probably built before 1357.

John Ramsay of Colluthie is mentioned in a charter of Robert III's time (1390-1406) and the property passed to the Carnegie family in the 16th century.

The house has been much altered and extended but contains some very old work.

A H Millar 1895.

The present house of Colluthie dates from the 19th century as datestones imply, and no early fabric can be seen, although the south wall of the dwelling-house is very thick.

The owner was not available to confirm the historical association.

Visited by OS (R D) 26 May 1970.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions