Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, Scotstoun, Balmoral Street, Coventry Ordnance Works

Ordnance Factory (First World War), Works (20th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, Scotstoun, Balmoral Street, Coventry Ordnance Works

Classification Ordnance Factory (First World War), Works (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) River Clyde, South Street, Harland And Wolff Ltd Diesel Engine Works

Canmore ID 312087

Site Number NS56NW 496

NGR NS 52664 67318

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/312087

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Renfrew (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (13 September 2013)

The Coventry Ordnance Works, a manufacturer of naval guns, opened a factory in Glasgow in 1910. The factory was taken over in 1920 as a diesel engine works. The factory is labelled as an ordnance works on the 3rd epoch map.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 13 September 2013.

Activities

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions