Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Tower Of Hallhill

Tower House (Medieval)

Site Name Tower Of Hallhill

Classification Tower House (Medieval)

Canmore ID 30152

Site Number NO21SE 15

NGR NO 29 13

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/30152

Ordnance Survey licence number AC0000807262. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2024.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Collessie
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO21SE 15 29 13.

The tower of Hallhill, which, according to the New Statistical Account (NSA), stood near the standing stone (NO21SE 18), at NO 2927 1324, is mentioned in a charter of 1575. It was demolished by Lord Melville, and that part of the estate added to Melville Park.

NSA (written by J MacFarlane) 1845; A Millar 1895.

No further information.

Visited by OS (W D J) 12 May 1970.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions