Loanhead, Mayshade House, Sundials
Sundial(S) (Period Unassigned)
- Council Midlothian
- Parish Lasswade
- Former Region Lothian
- Former District Midlothian
- Former County Midlothian
NT26NE 184.02 Centred NT 27870 66401
Four sundials have been recorded at Ashgrove House, formerly Mayshade House:
1. Horizontal sundial on carved round plinth, c. 1755, listed, NT26NE 184.01 (MS 5741/9/20).
2. Horizontal sundial on square plinth, no date (MS 5741/9/21).
3. Cube with horizontal on top, date given as 1703 (MS 5741/5/12) .
4. Cube with 'cherubs' heads', 1736 (MS 5741/5/13).
The listed one, thought to be contemporary with the house, has been sited separately, NT26NE 184.01.
(Anne Cassells, 10 September 2009, updated 04 March 2010).