Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

West Linton, Main Street, Somervail School

Church Hall (19th Century), School (19th Century)

Site Name West Linton, Main Street, Somervail School

Classification Church Hall (19th Century), School (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Large Church Hall

Canmore ID 296309

Site Number NT15SW 96

NGR NT 14950 51781

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/296309

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Linton (Tweeddale)
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Tweeddale
  • Former County Peebles-shire

Architecture Notes

NT15SW 96 14950 51781

S of the Cross Well is the Church Hall, formerly the Somervail School of the United Presbyterian Church.

Built between 1851 and 1852, it was designed by John Dick Peddie in the Gothic style with a three-light centrepiece in the gable and once had a bellcote.

Information from RCAHMS (DE), September 2008

Activities

Field Visit (16 September 2008)

S of the Cross Well is the Church Hall, formerly the Somervail School of the United Presbyterian Church.

Built between 1851 and 1852, it was designed by John Dick Peddie in the Gothic style with a three-light centrepiece in the gable and once had a bellcote.

Information from RCAHMS (DE), September 2008

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions