Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dumfries House, Dumfries House Mains

Farmstead (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Dumfries House, Dumfries House Mains

Classification Farmstead (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 294161

Site Number NS52SW 12.13

NGR NS 54130 20125

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/294161

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Ayrshire
  • Parish Old Cumnock
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Cumnock And Doon Valley
  • Former County Ayrshire

Summary Record

The Mains were recorded as part of the Threatened Buildings Survey in 2010. It was recorded prior to its proposed conversion into guest accommodation. The Mains was originally built in the early 1750's and therefore pre-dates Dumfries House. The architect is unrecorded but John Adam carried out alterations to the entrance walls and gateway which have since been removed.

For more in formation see RCAHMS publicartion Dumfries House , an Architectural Story.

STG 2014

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions