Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Burntisland Harbour, Old West Breakwater, Harbour Light

Beacon (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Burntisland Harbour, Old West Breakwater, Harbour Light

Classification Beacon (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Burntisland Docks; 'burntisland 3'

Canmore ID 281009

Site Number NT28NW 30.14

NGR NT 22960 85344

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/281009

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Burntisland
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Kirkcaldy
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NT28NW 30.14 22960 85344

For comparable beacon ('Granton 2') at Granton Harbour, see NT27NW 28.05.

Harbour Light (fixed green) [NAT]

OS (GIS) AIB, May 2006.

(Burntisland 3: location cited as NT 229 853). At end of old W breakwater: c. 1876. Small cast-iron light with cylindrical base tapering sharply to small hexagonal lantern with conical roof and ventilator. In front, plain tubular pole with pair of bulkhead lights.

J R Hume 1997.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions