Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Burntisland Harbour, East Breakwater, Harbour Light

Beacon (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Burntisland Harbour, East Breakwater, Harbour Light

Classification Beacon (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Burntisland Docks; 'burntisland 1'

Canmore ID 281007

Site Number NT28NW 30.12

NGR NT 23115 85233

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Burntisland
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Kirkcaldy
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NT28NW 30.12 23115 85233

Harbour Light (fixed red) [NAT]

OS (GIS) AIB, May 2006.

(Burntisland 1: location cited as NT 231 852). At end of E breakwater: c. 1876. Octagonal sheet-iron tower with bracketed gallery with simple diagonal railing. Cylindrical lantern with domed top, large window facing seaward, smaller facing harbour. Removed to Leith c. 1990.

J R Hume 1997.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions