Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Caputh, Caputh Bridge

Road Bridge (19th Century)

Site Name Caputh, Caputh Bridge

Classification Road Bridge (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Victoria Bridge; River Tay

Canmore ID 26975

Site Number NO03NE 26.01

NGR NO 08911 39514

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/26975

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Caputh
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Architecture Notes

NO03NE 26.01 08911 39514

(Location cited as NO 089 395). Victoria Bridge. Built 1899 by engineers Sir William Arrol and Co; this 3-span, iron-girder truss bridge has a total length of 419 ft (128m) and was built using trusses from the first Tay Bridge (NO32NE 17).

J R Hume 1977; NMRS, MS/749.

See Architecture

NOSAS photographs, 1987.

This bridge carries the B9099 public road over the River Tay, which here forms the boundary between the parishes of Caputh and Little Dunkeld.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 10 October 1996.

EXTERNAL REFERENCE

Perth Art Gallery & Museum, 23 March 1887 - subscription book for Spittalfield.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions