Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 23-25 Carlton Court, Mechanics Workshop

Workshop (19th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, 23-25 Carlton Court, Mechanics Workshop

Classification Workshop (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Clyde Shipping Company

Canmore ID 260095

Site Number NS56SE 2111

NGR NS 58795 64618

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/260095

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Govan (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Activities

Desk Based Assessment (14 June 2017)

The mechanics shop at Carlton Court, built about 1880-5, was part of the Clyde Shipping Company. The three-storey plus attic building has a nine-bay ashlar front, with cart entry and brick sides and rear. It adjoined the Clyde Shipping Company’s stables (NS56SE 1138). B listed, the building was converted to offices in the 1980s.

Information from HES Survey and Recording (AMcC) 14 June 2017

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions