Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, 9 Warriston Road, Printing Works

Factory (Period Unassigned), Printing Works (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Edinburgh, 9 Warriston Road, Printing Works

Classification Factory (Period Unassigned), Printing Works (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Lady Haig Poppy Factory

Canmore ID 247026

Site Number NT27NE 1416

NGR NT 2530 7537

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/247026

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Architecture Notes

A former Lithographic and Printing Works dating from between 1855 and 1896, when it first appears on Ordnance Survey maps. It comprises a block of mostly single-storeyed brick-built buildings, with one- and two-storeyed office buildings with red-sandstone gabled facades (incorporating skews and finials) on its north side fronting onto Warriston Road. Latterly converted by the charity, 'Scottish Poppy Fund' to produce red poppies for Remembrance Day (Lady Haig Poppy Factory).

Information from RCAHMS

(MKO) 2001

Photographed by RCAHMS Feb. 2007.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions