Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, 183 And 185 Morrison Street

Office (20th Century), Public House (20th Century), Shop(S) (19th Century), Tenement (19th Century)

Site Name Edinburgh, 183 And 185 Morrison Street

Classification Office (20th Century), Public House (20th Century), Shop(S) (19th Century), Tenement (19th Century)

Canmore ID 237173

Site Number NT27SW 3844

NGR NT 24321 73217

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/237173

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Summary Record

Mid 19th century (shown on the OS 1st Edition map of 1856). Tenement block with ground floor shops.

From 1922 to 1940 it operated as Martins' Bakery. Subsequently, it was then taken over, along with 181, by the North British Rubber Company Ltd. and used as offices.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions