Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glenluiart

Country House

Site Name Glenluiart

Classification Country House

Alternative Name(s) Glenluiart House; Glenluart House

Canmore ID 232695

Site Number NX79SE 159

NGR NX 76428 90867

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/232695

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Dumfries And Galloway
  • Parish Glencairn
  • Former Region Dumfries And Galloway
  • Former District Nithsdale
  • Former County Dumfries-shire

Architecture Notes (11 July 2018)

Glenluiart House was designed by William West Neve 1899-1901 for his sister Mrs Monteith. The design was exhibited in the Royal Academy of Arts in 1900. Neve used a combination of Scottish and English arts and crafts details. As part of the scheme neve also designed the entrance lodge and stables which are now holiday cottages. Mrs Monteith, the widow of the local minister also commissioned a row of cottages and St Ninian's Chapel of Ease in Moniaive from her brother. (STG HES)

Architecture Notes

NX79SE 159.00 76428 90867

NX79SE 159.01 76359 90838 Lodge

NX79SE 159.02 76348 90837 Outbuildings

NX79SE 159.03 76347 90851 Stable

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions