Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Lonach Hall

Hall (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Lonach Hall

Classification Hall (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Colquhonnie Hotel; Lonach Community Hall

Canmore ID 230730

Site Number NJ31SE 146

NGR NJ 36553 12587

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/230730

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2017.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Strathdon
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Gordon
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Recording Your Heritage Online

Bellabeg House, 1765, overlooks the Lonach field, just beside the little hamlet of Bellabeg. Fine two-storey-and-attic, five-window building in red granite ashlar with cherry-cocking. Central bay crowned by agreeable semicircular wallhead.

Plain L-plan mid-18th-century mill with ball finials to the gables. Original stream wheel was replaced by a small overshot wheel when the mill was converted to a joiner's shop early this century. Bellabeg Bank and Lonach Hall, contrasting statements in granite and timber.

Taken from "Aberdeenshire: Donside and Strathbogie - An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Ian Shepherd, 2006. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk

Archaeology Notes

NJ31SE 146 36553 12587

For adjacent Colquhonnie Castle and Hotel, see NJ31SE 2 and NJ31SE 85 respectively.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions