Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Stirling, 36 St John Street, Scout Hall

Club (20th Century), Tenement (17th Century)(Possible)

Site Name Stirling, 36 St John Street, Scout Hall

Classification Club (20th Century), Tenement (17th Century)(Possible)

Alternative Name(s) Boys' Club

Canmore ID 221300

Site Number NS79SE 469

NGR NS 79273 93690

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/221300

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Stirling
  • Parish Stirling
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Stirling
  • Former County Stirlingshire

Architecture Notes

NMRS NOTES:

Architect: Eric Bell 1929 (reconstruction)

Activities

Photographic Survey (8 June 2018)

Reconstructed in the 1929 by Eric Bell as Boys’ Club (1). Bell was architect to the Thistle Property Trust, served as the 1st president of the Stirling chapter of RIAS (2), and was also architect of the Jubilee buildings in the Raploch area of the city.

1) Historic Environment Scotland Listed Building entry LB 41465, accessed June 2018

2) Information from the Dictionary of Scottish Architects www.scottisharchitects.org.uk, accessed June 2018.

The site has been photographed as a general record upgrade for a number of buildings around the Broad Street/ St Mary’s Wynd area that formed part of the reconstruction of the area from the inter war period, interrupted by WW2, concluding in the post war era. Visited by HES Survey & Recording (IF & LM) 8 June 2018.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions