Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

North Berwick, 4 Westgate, Post Office

Post Office (19-20th Century)

Site Name North Berwick, 4 Westgate, Post Office

Classification Post Office (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Telephone Exchange

Canmore ID 208544

Site Number NT58NE 111

NGR NT 55085 85285

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/208544

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Lothian
  • Parish North Berwick
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District East Lothian
  • Former County East Lothian

Archaeology Notes

Designed by HM Office of Works in 1906 as a post office. A two storey Edwardian building with ashlar frontage.

Site recorded by GUARD during the Coastal Assessment Survey for Historic Scotland, 'The Firth of Forth from Dunbar to the Coast of Fife' 1996.

Architecture Notes

NT58NE 111 55085 85285

Dick Peddie and McKay, Edinburgh New

Attic 2, Bin 21, Bag 1 W.J. Walker Todd No date

Dick Peddie and McKay, Edinburgh New

Attic 2, Bin 22, Bag 1 W.J. Walker Todd No date

See also NT58NW 80, 'Beach Road, general' notes.

See also NT58NE 43 Architecture notes for Dick Peddie and McKay proposals to convert 'Charlesville' into telephone exchange.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions