Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 30 Clyde Place, Warehouse

Warehouse (20th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, 30 Clyde Place, Warehouse

Classification Warehouse (20th Century)

Canmore ID 206651

Site Number NS56SE 1519

NGR NS 58579 64719

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/206651

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Govan (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Activities

Desk Based Assessment (11 August 2017)

Nothing now remains of the warehouse at 30 Clyde place, built in 1906 for D. Wight and Co., tea merchants by Monro and Son architects for £6800. Photographed by Professor Hume in 1968, it was a four-storey plus attic red sandstone ashlar fronted building, with five bays to the street. Today the area is partly occupied by a car wash.

Information from HES Survey and Recording (AMcC) 11 August 2017.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions